harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Neelakantam <neela...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit][abcd] HARMONY-1788 Inequality graph generation from HIR
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:16:12 GMT

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Egor Pasko wrote:
>On the 0x233 day of Apache Harmony Naveen Neelakantam wrote:
>> Hello Egor,
>>
>> I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, but if I started looking at your
>> ABCD code now, would it still be useful?
>
>It actually *is* useful!
>
>I have been busy with stability issues during this period, thus made
>no progress in ABCD since my last update to HARMONY-1788. I want to
>finish this work not later than January. If you have time to do it
>faster, you can take it. I will be fixing Jitrino.OPT here and there
>for a while yet...

OK, great!  I will try to move the code forward then.

If I understand your code correctly, the pass currently builds the ABCD inequality graph,
but does not invoke the demand solver.  As a first step, I am considering invoking the demand
solver on every bounds check (for both the upper bound and lower bound problems).  A better
choice might be to invoke the solver on "hot" checks, but that can be investigated once things
are working.  Does this sound reasonable?

Naveen