harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Porting to new unix platforms
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:51:03 GMT

Anyone object[0] if I change the the classlib platform-specific
subdirectories from using os name (windows or linux) to using os family
(windows or unix)?  I think most of the code on unix platforms is going
to be pretty common and I'd like to start looking at freebsd.

I'd also like to move the definitions that are only used in makefiles
(hy.cflags, etc) from make/properties to depends/build/defines.mk -
because:

1) that's "closer" to where they are used, and

2) because I need to add more and the ant <condition> tags are going to
   become unmanageable - if they aren't already.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] Geir, I'll wait until after the upcoming snapshot.