harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Donald" <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] Development has stalled :-(
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:55:53 GMT
Hi,

On 12/12/06, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> One other possibility would be for me to move on-going development of
> this onto a different version control system, and then when it's
> finished, I can contribute it in bulk back to Harmony. I'd prefer not
> to do this on the whole  but I'm wondering if it would be more
> efficient all round if I did this; that way, I get the benefit of
> performing smaller commits and I have something that I can write to
> directly rather than generating cumbersome patches.

Another alternative is to use SVK which makes it possible to do
decentralized development while being svn friendly. It is built on top
of svn libraries and if you can use one then you can use the other.
Heres a description of how I have it setup for another project

http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Get_The_Source#Use_SVK

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald