harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gcv5] finalizer design
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:51:42 GMT
> All. It's good to see this discussion initiated. That's exactly what
> we want. It would be a little frustrating to see our solution
> committed without any response from the community. :-)  Anyway, we
> submitted GCv5 finalizer solution for three reasons:
>
> 1. We don't want GCv5 submission to break any existing functionality,
> and to keep the impact to minimum.

Why not to use existing system then? If you are not happy with it,
let's improve it. Don't be afraid to break things. Run tests. If you
still do break something, someone tell you about it.
Such duplication of functionality leads to bloated and hard to
maintain code. If you reimplement something be sure to remove old
implementation otherwise we'll have a lot of garbage code which no one
knows how to deal with and what it is for.

--
Ivan