harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] New regression? org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.serialization.KrbDelegationPermissionCollectionTest
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 03:53:54 GMT
On the 0x225 day of Apache Harmony Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> All,
> Thank you for your attention! I have posted more long run statistics
> at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM#reliability
> I have three of questions regarding this statistics.

Alexei,
thank you for investigating DRLVM+HUT in the long run and a
comprehensive statistics on the wiki!! This is a very useful
section which sets a number of high-priority tasks for DRLVM.

One minor comment: let's call it "iterative runs" or "HUT intermittent
failures" or-whatever-not-reliability. Because the term "reliability"
may mislead (especially when used with "stability"). Oleg pointed me
on that recently.

> All,
> Does it make sense to file JIRA issues about intermittent bugs which
> happen from time to time?

I think, no. Otherwise there will be a lot of issues entitled "[drlvm]
blablablaTest fails intermittently, and here is your stack
trace". They will appear, go away, rise from the ashes, go, come, etc.

A comprehensive "iterative runs status" page updated regularly (with a
script?) sounds more attractive. Ideal page would be like yours on wiki
with supplemented info:
* log
* stack traces if possible
* env description (OS, num of CPUs)
* FAIL rate // of course

The question is: what is the best tool for the list?
(0) wiki
(1) harmonytest.org
(2) JIRA
(3) other?