harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] drlvm and gdb and shared libraries
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 05:50:47 GMT
On the 0x220 day of Apache Harmony Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> Well, I was able to use breakpoints for the libraries still not loaded.
>
> Just type: 'br <func>' and it will inform you that the library is not
> loaded yet and will suggest to "make it pending on future shared
> library load". When the library will be loaded the breakpoint will be
> automatically enabled.

hm, that misteriously did not work for me one day, so I invented a lot
of garbage, now it works... You can even type 'br <file>:<line>'.

Ivan, maybe, you know how to make it with cpp. For example:
(gdb) br 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'
Can't find member of namespace, class, struct, or union named "Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc"
Hint: try 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'<TAB> or 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'<ESC-?>
(Note leading single quote.)

> --
> Ivan
>
> On 13 Nov 2006 15:46:44 +0600, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On the 0x220 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> > > I have a dumb question - I was playing today with a toy launcher for
> > > DRLVM working out some embedding issues, and for the life of me, I
> > > couldn't get dgb to ever let me break on anything in a shared library.
> > >
> > > I loaded the vm via dlopen() an dlsym(), and the code runs fine.  But
> > > even build in debug, I couldn't ever specify a breakpoint in a  shared
> > > lib even after it was loaded.
> > >
> > > has anyone run across this?
> >
> > you cannot enable a breakpoint until the library is loaded. Just wait
> > until it is loaded. I wrote [1] to help with that. Hope it helps :)
> >
> > [1]
> > http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Debugging%20DRLVM%20with%20GDB%20on%20Linux
> >
> > --
> > Egor Pasko