harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] drlvm and gdb and shared libraries
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:31:38 GMT
On the 0x221 day of Apache Harmony Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x220 day of Apache Harmony Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> > Well, I was able to use breakpoints for the libraries still not loaded.
> >
> > Just type: 'br <func>' and it will inform you that the library is not
> > loaded yet and will suggest to "make it pending on future shared
> > library load". When the library will be loaded the breakpoint will be
> > automatically enabled.
>
> hm, that misteriously did not work for me one day, so I invented a lot
> of garbage, now it works... You can even type 'br <file>:<line>'.
>
> Ivan, maybe, you know how to make it with cpp. For example:
> (gdb) br 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'
> Can't find member of namespace, class, struct, or union named "Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc"
> Hint: try 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'<TAB> or 'Jitrino::JavaByteCodeTranslator::ldc'<ESC-?>
> (Note leading single quote.)

OK, I found the recipe (Thanks 2 Evgeny Brevnov helping in
private). Need to type method name with signature. If the library is
loaded, pressing <TAB> helps (but need to remove the last quote before
pressing), but in case the library is not loaded, you will have to
type the full signature. (nm, c++filt and grep are friends:)

--
Egor Pasko