harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] New regression? org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.serialization.KrbDelegationPermissionCollectionTest
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:09:47 GMT
On the 0x227 day of Apache Harmony Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> 2006/11/20, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com>:
> > On 11/18/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > All,
> > > Thank you for your attention! I have posted more long run statistics
> > > at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM#reliability
> > > I have three of questions regarding this statistics.
> > >
> > > All,
> > > Does it make sense to file JIRA issues about intermittent bugs which
> > > happen from time to time?
> >

> > I think it does. We have such issues already filed and fixed, e.g.
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1669,
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1974,
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2193.
> > A reporter has to submitt as mush information as possible about environment
> > and other conditions. As a rule such bugs are reproducible and could be
> > investigated and fixed.
>
> Yes, we certainly should track such issues explicitly - otherwise
> there is no big point in those "iterative runs" and some problems will
> have very little chance to be fixed. Besides, JIRA issues would help
> to accumulate info related to a particular problem - backtraces,
> best-reproducer tests, etc.

Regularly filing a number bugs that everybody is aware of looks like
unnecessary work to me on the first glance. Okay, if reporters want to
file them explicitly, let it be. Anyway, there should be issues filed
to have a place for patches. Okay, I was too revolutionary today.

Although, having "repeated runs status" table, say, on wiki is a very
good thing. Are reporters ready to support the page? :)

--
Egor Pasko