harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][x86_64] DRLVM broken after HARMONY-2223
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:20:05 GMT
On the 0x22A day of Apache Harmony Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Since many guys reported different regressions, I believe it is good
> time to delay a bit DRLVM features and optimizations and accept only
> regression bug fixes. What do you think?

I suggest to revert HARMONY-2223 until Alex has a better fix. Alex
is working on it now.

> The first thing to do is to understand what's broken. To my
> understanding the most obvious thing which is broken is Vladimir's
> CruiseControl which runs tests with DRLVM. I do not see automatic
> notifications.

when is it going to be repaired? Can we afford to stop implementing
features until then?

> I believe there are more regressions. For example, in my yesterday's
> test run 400 class library tests failed on Linux. The guy who
> descriptively named himself "test" reported the same statistics at
> http://harmonytest.org. I need some time to stop and mediate about it
> (and file JIRAs of course).

that's weird, I ran Classlib tests on Linux yesterday, and they passed
in default mode with a known exception: HttpURLConnectionTest. Maybe,
the reason of your observation is some recent commit (maybe, even
HARMONY-2223)?

--
Egor Pasko