harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen documentation?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:41:51 GMT
On the 0x227 day of Apache Harmony Nadezhda Morozova wrote:
> That's a great start. Yes, if we have such a table as the front page for
> Doxygen interfaces, it would be great. If you wish, I can prepare the
> patch with the nice-looking version of it all.
>
> Questions:
> - When building Doxygen, can we have a target for inter-component
> interfaces and for each component?
> - if yes, should the files inside the include/ subfolder be built with
> the component they belong to?
> - For VM core and jit: any ideas on how to group files further? The
> current list of files belonging to vm core interfaces is *so* long...
> - Should we prepare docs for gcv4?

IMO, the list of headers for Jitrino is too verbose. For
inter-component picture I suggest the following subset:
vm/jitrino/src/dynopt/EdgeProfiler.h
vm/jitrino/src/dynopt/StaticProfiler.h
vm/jitrino/src/jet/jet.h
vm/jitrino/src/main/Jitrino.h
vm/jitrino/src/vm/drl/DrlEMInterface.h
vm/jitrino/src/vm/drl/DrlVMInterface.h
vm/jitrino/src/vm/EMInterface.h
vm/jitrino/src/vm/VMInterface.h

other headers are internal for Jitrino. So, the suggestion is: to
document the mapping between *relevant* h-files and the structure in
the DevGuide

--
Egor Pasko