harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Added new reports to Melody
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:32:00 GMT
Hi Stefano,

That's a great tool and it looks like it's going to be really helpful for
finding bugs.  I have been looking through some of the findbugs reports for
luni and have already found 2 or 3 fairly serious issues.  As Tim mentioned
it would be good to be able to mark issues that have been investigated as
there are a fair number of false positives.  Also is it possible to change
some of the rules?  For example I think "Method invokes inefficient Number
constructor; use static valueOf instead" should be allowed within the class
itself (E.g. it should be ok for other methods in the Byte class to call new
Byte()).  What do you think?

Thanks,

Sian

--