harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] APR latest release is 1.2.7, we're using 1.2.6. Should we switch?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:02:44 GMT
2006/11/23, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com>:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >

> > Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> Today I've found a bug (HARMONY-2271) which lead down to APR
> >> implementation of getenv function on windows. I've looked at the APR
> >> page and found that there is a new release 1.2.7. In drlvm we still
> >> use 1.2.6.
> >>
> >> While the bug which I've found was apparently fixed after 1.2.7 was
> >> released, we still some more patches (1 replaced file on linux, 3 on
> >> windows) for APR in drlvm, some of the patches may be redundant now.
> >>
> >> Also some bugs which we still didn't find could be fixed. I know, some
> >> may be added too :). But I prefer to be optimistic. We could at least
> >> try to test APR 1.2.7 and remove patches which are no longer needed or
> >> even outdated.
> >
> > That sounds like a good plan.  Have we ever tried to offer our patches
> > to APR to get them in main releases?
>
> I've compared the files which we have patched in APR with what APR-1.2.7
> has. The changes except for env.c which I've committed today are all in
> threading. A lot of things are different in
> include/arch/win32/apr_arch_thread_cond.h and locks/win32/thread_cond.c.

Gregory, the locks/win32/thread_cond.c was fixed in HARMONY-1519 on 4
Oct. The current patch is definitely more correct than the official
version (apparently based on the previous patch). Don't know who
submitted old patched to APR - Artem Aliev? At least he might have
more complete clue...

--
Alexey