harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r477149 - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/make: targets/kernel.test.xml test.properties
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:31:07 GMT
> Sorry - yes, you are right.
>
> Other things :
>
> 1) When running on x86_64 (where we have bugs), I noticed that the
> kernel tests don't run to completion on failure.  How can we get it to
> do that?  It would be nice to figure out what all the failures are.
> Failfast is set to off.  Maybe I have to run forkmode as whatever the
> other value is.  what is the other value?
It must be VM crash, it may die silently and do not finish full suite.
If it complained about invalid xml file while generating report, means
that corresponding test killed VM.
Please try with -Dkernel.test.forkmode=perTest to get whole picture.

> 2) Would it be hard to have an overall test report?  Like :
>
>  JVMTI (jit) - PASSED
>  JVMTI (int) - PASSED
>  c-unit      - PASSED
>  smoke (jit) - PASSED
>  smoke (int) - PASSED
>  kernel (jit) - PASSED
>  kernel (opt) - PASSED
>  kernel (int) - PASSED
>

> Should be easy - maybe we just echo the result of each stage to a file
> and print the result.  I'll poke at that.
Yes, please :) Actually this is exactly how kernel.test summary works.