harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] New regression? org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.serialization.KrbDelegationPermissionCollectionTest
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:44:40 GMT
2006/11/20, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com>:
> On 11/18/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> > Thank you for your attention! I have posted more long run statistics
> > at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM#reliability
> > I have three of questions regarding this statistics.
> >
> > All,
> > Does it make sense to file JIRA issues about intermittent bugs which
> > happen from time to time?
>

> I think it does. We have such issues already filed and fixed, e.g.
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1669,
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1974,
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2193.
> A reporter has to submitt as mush information as possible about environment
> and other conditions. As a rule such bugs are reproducible and could be
> investigated and fixed.

Yes, we certainly should track such issues explicitly - otherwise
there is no big point in those "iterative runs" and some problems will
have very little chance to be fixed. Besides, JIRA issues would help
to accumulate info related to a particular problem - backtraces,
best-reproducer tests, etc.

[snip]

--
Alexey