harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r479802 - /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/util/win/ia32/nt_exception_filter.cpp
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:50:03 GMT
Nina Rinskaya wrote:
> Alexey,
>> 2) It dropped support for "vm.assert_dialog" switch completely, which
>> is proved to be quite useful for various kinds of automated testing.
> Thank you for raising this issue, in particular, it affects Eclipse
> Unit Tests automated runs on Windows -- the tests execution is just
> interrupted when "Assertion failed" dialog window appears and waits
> for me to click "OK" button. So it would be great to keep
> "vm.assert_dialog" option if it is possible.

Once again: the switch "vm.assert_dialog" was not dropped.
The thing that was removed was manual call to _CrtDbgBreak().
New code relies on the default handler instead.

Now, the default handler in launcher always catches exceptions,
and never shows debug dialog, so what we need now is improve
launcher to support debug dialogs.

View raw message