harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r479802 - /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/util/win/ia32/nt_exception_filter.cpp
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:47:13 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> Gregory,
>
> A couple of spotted issues in the change:
> 1) Portablity: code is ia32-specific due to unit32-casted assignments
> to Registers fields. Why don't use POINTER_SIZE_INT or UDATA instead?

This is in ia32/nt_exception_filter.cpp, so no portability concerns.
I agree that we may want to generalize it multiple architectures in the future,
but it wasn't my concern now.

> 2) It dropped support for "vm.assert_dialog" switch completely, which
> is proved to be quite useful for various kinds of automated testing.
> We even discussed recently that launcher lacks similar feature, and I
> anticipate other developers will raise complains soon.

Despite the fact that "vm.assert_dialog" check was removed, the support
is still there: "vm.assert_dialog" controls the behaviour of the default
handler.

However, you are right that now the overall behaviour is determined
by the launcher, so we need to change launcher correspondingly.