harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build][classlib] Classlib build and performance.
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:59:31 GMT
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> 2006/11/24, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com>:
>> I believe classlib natives compile in release mode by default.
> Is that so? What about -Zi msvc option in makefiles?

The option doesn't help much if pdb files are not copied to bin
directory. Debugger just cannot find them.

Also while compiler generates some debugging info with -Zi, compiling
with lots of optimizations (-Ogityb1) makes debugging quite hard because
lots of local variables are optimized out, and their values cannot be
seen in debugger. I have to remove these optimization flags when I need
to debug classlib natives.

So classlib mode is release with some debug information. I think these
two modes should be separated for convenience, and pdb files should be
copied to deploy/jdk/jre/bin.

--
Gregory