harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib unit tests] iterative runs
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:44:09 GMT
Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> I recently found out the reason why smoke test gc.LOS hangs DRLVM on Windows
> XP, and it turned out to be related to the hardware exception handling.
>
> Since the fix will involve significant modifications to the file
> vm/vmcore/src/util/win/ia32/nt_exception_filter.cpp,
> I can do this modification too.

I'm sending my current state of the patch (well, series of 3 patches)
for interested parties to review.

However, these patches somewhat regress in functionality:
I still haven't figured out how to piggy-back on exception throw
to call JVMTI callback and to restore stack guard page.
(the commented out block at the end of nt_exception_filter.cpp was doing it
before fix).

Any ideas appreciated.