harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject [launcher] disable exception handler Was: [drlvm][classlib unit tests] iterative runs
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:17:16 GMT
Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
> The most clean approach is
> to return EXCEPTION_CONTINUE_SEARCH for any exception happened in a
> native code. I would suggest to fix the problem in this way instead of
> HARMONY-2285. Currently, the launcher installs its own exception
> handler which blocks default exception handler. So if we wish to have
> a debug dialog we need to disable launcher's handler somehow. Should
> we discuss it in a new thread?

Personally, I use the modified launcher with exception protection commented out
all the time.

I recollect vaguely that introducing command line flag for disabling exception
handling in launcher was discussed and agreed upon, however, noone got to
implement it yet.

(The other "pending" task for launcher was moving it from luni module to
jdktools -- also seems to have been agreed upon and then abandoned)