harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] APR latest release is 1.2.7, we're using 1.2.6. Should we switch?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:06:09 GMT
Hello

Today I've found a bug (HARMONY-2271) which lead down to APR
implementation of getenv function on windows. I've looked at the APR
page and found that there is a new release 1.2.7. In drlvm we still use
1.2.6.

While the bug which I've found was apparently fixed after 1.2.7 was
released, we still some more patches (1 replaced file on linux, 3 on
windows) for APR in drlvm, some of the patches may be redundant now.

Also some bugs which we still didn't find could be fixed. I know, some
may be added too :). But I prefer to be optimistic. We could at least
try to test APR 1.2.7 and remove patches which are no longer needed or
even outdated.

--
Gregory