harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r477149 - in /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/make: targets/kernel.test.xml test.properties
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:57:54 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Gregory Shimansky wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>>> I'm missing something though - what broke because of this change?
>>
>> Well I assumed that kernel tests crashes on windows XP are because of
>> the new mode when all tests are executed in the same VM. When test is
>> executed separately it doesn't crash. I am going to try to find the
>> problem now.
>
> If that's the case, I'd argue that we were already broken, and we just
> didn't know it.

Yes this is true.

But imagine that I've created a new test that fails on VM. Should I
immediately add it to acceptance tests, or should I fix the problem
(announce about it in case I cannot do it myself) and only then add this
test as a regression?

The same happened with kernel tests. The switch was done before the
problem was fixed. I think it is not right.

--
Gregory