harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Should hythread_monitor_init() aquire the monitor?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:52:36 GMT
Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
> You can look at the change here

Could someone who knowns classlib native code internals better than me
comment on this JIRA? I've added my comment from the general POV.

I would change the loop to detect only signal interruption like

while (sem_wait(&wakeUpASynchReporter) == -1 && errno == EINTR);

Other than that I agree with the patch. I someone does not know, every
step in gdb also interrupts sem_wait calls, so such loops are a common
practice when using semaphores.

If someone knows classlib internal logic with this asynchronous handlers
stuff please write your opinion.

--
Gregory