harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][testing] cruise control on the WinXP and SUSE linux
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:58:37 GMT
Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I started cruise control (stored in the "buildtest" module with patch from
> issue 995) on the Windows XP and SUSE Linux boxes.
> Both machines are identical (1 CPU - P4*3GHz, 1GB RAM, 120Gb HDD).
>
> On each platform cruise control runs (as separate projects in СС terms, all
> settings have default values):
> - build of classlib module (target: 'rebuild');
> - classlib tests on J9 VM (target 'test' in the classlib module);
> - build of drlvm module (target: 'build');
> - vm tests (kernel+smoke+cunit, target: 'test' in the drlvm module);
> - classlib tests on DRL VM (target: 'test' in the classlib module with -
> Dtest.jre.home=drlvm);
>
> Is it OK to send my cruise control notifications to the harmony-commits
> list
> in order to notify about regressions?
>
> I suspect the notifications are not ideal but I will work on their
> improvement upon precedents (false alarms) and your feedback

I am +1 for cruise control and notifications to harmony-commit.

But I wonder about linux version choice. If it is SuSE9, then could we
upgrade it to SuSE10 or install another distribution like FC5 with gcc
4.1.x? This will help a lot with compilation errors which gcc 3.3.3 on
SuSE9 doesn't report.

--
Gregory