harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][em64t] build fails
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:27:23 GMT
Pavel Afremov wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So what is the point to have a test which would pass either way? Check
>> that it doesn't crash the VM, is it the only purpose for it?
>>
> I think yes. It should check that test doesn't crash VM if stack size isn't
> enough.

But we wouldn't know that SOE has happened or not if test passes even
when SOE was not thrown.

It seems like SuSE9 is the only existing distribution which doesn't
limit stack size on 64-bit architectures. SuSE10 has this limit and
Gentoo has it too. Should we care that this test fails on SuSE9 when it
passes on all other platforms and SOE is known to be thrown?

--
Gregory