harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject [design] class unloading: Secondary root set
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:32:28 GMT
Robin,

I have read your description of "secondary root set" approach, and found it the same as
"finalization-like" approach discussed by Etienne and me earlier.

I think you have missed one point: after retracing from secondary root set once,
more classloaders may be found reachable, so this step needs to be repeated until
convergence (to obtain the closure of reachability with additional links Object->Class,
served through vtable marks).

Can you reread two proposals and merge the text into one section?
I can do it, but want first to make sure we have common understanding.