harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][em64t] build fails
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:51:29 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Gregory Shimansky wrote:

>>> Thank you for a quick fix. The build works now. Don't try to run
>>> acceptance tests though. The StackTest is a machine killer. It eats
>>> all of the virtual memory in a moment because it cannot find any stack
>>> limit ("ulimit -s 8192" may be used as a workaround) and maps all of
>>> 2^48 (or whatever number of bits are configured in kernel for virtual
>>> address space) bytes of virtual memory. After that only reset helps.
>> Ok back to this bug. I decided that on x86_64 linuxes (and ia32 which
>> don't have a stack limit for some reason) we need to at least fix the
>> test so that it doesn't make OS unusable. I've modified StackTest to
>> check firt 10,000,000 recursions and fail is SOE is not thrown. The
>> patch is available in HARMONY-2175.
>
> Gregory,
>
> does this mean that you are able to compile harmony on your em64t
> machine? if so, can you tell me what version of gcc/ld you're using? thanks

I did compile harmony on em64t. The most tricky part was to set up
depends for classlib, I think I've written about it already. The
distribution is quite old SuSE9 with gcc 3.3.3 and GNU binutils (which
include ld) 2.15.90.0.1.1 20040303 (SuSE Linux).

I'm going to try to do this on my Gentoo at home now. It is mostly
bleeding edge up to date installation.

--
Gregory