harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][em64t] build fails
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:42:48 GMT
Gregory Shimansky wrote:
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 02:36 Pavel Pervov wrote:
>> Gregory,
>>
>> Could you look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2152. I
>> believe it'll fix the build.
>
> Thank you for a quick fix. The build works now. Don't try to run acceptance
> tests though. The StackTest is a machine killer. It eats all of the virtual
> memory in a moment because it cannot find any stack limit ("ulimit -s 8192"
> may be used as a workaround) and maps all of 2^48 (or whatever number of bits
> are configured in kernel for virtual address space) bytes of virtual memory.
> After that only reset helps.

Ok back to this bug. I decided that on x86_64 linuxes (and ia32 which
don't have a stack limit for some reason) we need to at least fix the
test so that it doesn't make OS unusable. I've modified StackTest to
check firt 10,000,000 recursions and fail is SOE is not thrown. The
patch is available in HARMONY-2175.

--
Gregory