harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] the DRLVM silently exit to run the classlib tests.
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:54:24 GMT
Pavel Pervov wrote:
> 3.3.3 build crashes. I'm investigating the issue.
> As a workaround measure, use 4.* to compile classlib and dlrvm.

Did you try 4.x on SUSE too? It looks more like dynamic libraries
Java_java_lang_VMThreadManager_notifyAll. Since the patch changed the
mode which libpthread.so was linked to VM, it looks like a crash
happened when loading something linked with pthreads. I don't know why
dlsym crashes instead of returning an error code, maybe it is a bug
somewhere in glibc or kernel on SUSE9 linux which was fixed in other
distributions which are newer.

Anyway I've reverted the patch. The problem should be investigated and

View raw message