harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] the DRLVM silently exit to run the classlib tests.
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:54:24 GMT
Pavel Pervov wrote:
> 3.3.3 build crashes. I'm investigating the issue.
>
> As a workaround measure, use 4.* to compile classlib and dlrvm.

Did you try 4.x on SUSE too? It looks more like dynamic libraries
Java_java_lang_VMThreadManager_notifyAll. Since the patch changed the
mode which libpthread.so was linked to VM, it looks like a crash
happened when loading something linked with pthreads. I don't know why
dlsym crashes instead of returning an error code, maybe it is a bug
somewhere in glibc or kernel on SUSE9 linux which was fixed in other
distributions which are newer.

Anyway I've reverted the patch. The problem should be investigated and
fixed.

--
Gregory