harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] version of GCC...
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:29:24 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Basically, I want to uplift my own platform to 4.x, and then work the
> kinks out of that patch.
>
> I just want to know what X is.
>
> If no one says anything, I'll figure it out and declare it :)

You have to choose X between 0 and 1.

Either 4.0.x (which AFAIK is used in ubuntu already - 4.0.3) or 4.1.x
(which are used in FC5 - 4.1.0 and Gentoo - 4.1.1). There are no later
versions on gcc.gnu.org than 4.1.1.

I think 4.1.x is better because it is stricter than 4.0.x when compiling
C++ (see [1]).

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/changes.html

--
Gregory