harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Anisimov" <konstantin.m.anisi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [ipf] I suggest a series of patches for ipf code generator
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 06:45:17 GMT
Hi all,

I suggest new patch from the series Igor introdusced.
1. To move direct predicated calls in separete node. It allows to have under
predicate short branch instruction instead of call and thus
   reduce possible misprediction penalty.
2. I have implemented new node merging algorithm. It is more effective than
previouc one and besides purging empty nodes.

All changes made in Code layouting and I suggest integrate them in one

Thank you,

"Igor Chebykin" <iche.harmony@googlemail.com> wrote in message
Hello all,

I suggest a short series of patches for drlvm ipf code generator.
We have some improvements for jitrino/ipf
and would like to commit its to harmony.

All patches will change only vm/jitrino/src/codegenerator/ipf/* files,
therefore ia32 remains OK.

The first patch is about 67k size and contains following files:
IpfCfg.h, IpfCfg.cpp
   methods added in Edge and Node classes
IpfCodeLayouter.h, IpfCodeLayouter.cpp
   new BotomUp algorithm implementation
IpfEmitter.h, IpfEmitter.cpp
   minor changes in logging, Emitter::registerDirectCall() and
debugging support
IpfIrPrinter.h, IpfIrPrinter.cpp
   added method to print Node chains
   types to support Node chains added
   method cfg.getArgs() deprecated
   methods to identify inst kind added (isBr, isCall )
   minor changes in logging

Igor Chebykin, Intel Middleware Products Division