harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 15:02:49 GMT
Geir

I actually was serious. Probably you were confused, I didn't write
"build test", I wrote "build smoke.test". The first one works ok, the
second doesn't.

It happens because "test" (top-level test target) is handled in a
different way from "smoke.test" (target just for smoke test category)
target in build.xml. The "smoke.test" target just switches default
processing target to "smoke.test" and runs "process_components" (which
in its turn loops over all components). The "test" special handling of
processing components escapes me, I don't quite understand how it works,
but it seems to work correctly, without looping.

The question I was trying to solve was, how to correctly add jvmti.test
target to the build.xml so that it would run only jvmti tests but not
loop over components, but when "test" target it called, jvmti tests
category would be executed along with all other categories.

Including "jvmti.test" target into build.xml in the same way as
"smoke.test" doesn't make me happy.

--
Gregory