harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:06:38 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Why not use junit?

If you mean why not use junit to loop over tests, then it is not the
case. I've used junit to do this in my work.

The loop which I wrote here is the loop over components in the build.xml
of drlvm. If you run "build smoke.test" you'll see that the same tests
are repeated several times (you have to be patient to see this). This is
done because build loops over all known VM components like vmi, vmocode,
gc, interpreter, etc. It is Ok for building, and it is done exactly for
building, but it is not Ok for testing because repeating tests for the
whole JVM for each of its components makes no sense.

--
Gregory