harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:33:52 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Why not use junit?

<Junit> task in implicitly assumes that you can
run all tests in single JVM instance. Though it does provide
fork-mode to run tests in separate JVM processes, it still
does not allow per-test JVM args configuration.

Which is exactly what we need for JVMTI tests, as most of the
test has their own special agent to be run with.

Nevertheless, we could use junit task with some benefit
in creating test reports. I think this can be accomodated
in Gregory's scheme by using <junit> task instead of <java> task.

The most of the ant mechanics (selecting tests and looping
over them for compilation and running) will be there
no matter what we use for test running, <junit> or <java>.