harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm]kernel test
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:05:06 GMT
On 11/28/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Elena,
>
> It's nice to hear that you are making progress in running kernel tests
> iteratively. There is a parallel thread which discusses how we should
> integrate ability of iterative test runs into Harmony [1].
>
> Both class library tests and kernel tests use <junit> ant task to run
> tests, so I cannot see a problem to create a common solution for both
> test suites. Could you please take a look and share your preference
> for one of three proposed approaches?

Alexei,
I'm not an expert in ant for now so I cannot give a quick answer on my
preferences unfortunately :(
But I fully agree with you that iterative runs should be integrated into
build system. I've written a shell script for iterative runs and someone
mentioned in another thread that it is possible to execute such scripts in
ant. Of course, another solution could be found, I hope.

Thanks,
Elena

1.
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200611.mbox/%3cc30d70960611270634p5421315dm1b422ca086a550ae@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Alexei
>

> On 11/27/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/28/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Elena,
> > > As far as I understand from your letter the implementation is still to
> > > be fixed. Could you please file a JIRA about it?
> >

> > I'm not sure that the implementation is to be fixed as it does not
> > contradict the spec for now :)
> > Possibly we should fix the test so that it waits e.g. 10% less. Anyway,
> I've
> > filed http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2204 some time ago
> for
> > this problem. The patch I suggested is invalid because the test
> continues
> > failing with new timing numbers (I gave 1 ms of freedom but this was not
> > enough).
> >
> > Geir,
> > > As for the best of my knowledge there are no reliability runs for
> > > kernel tests. This case proves that trying to run these tests in a
> > > loop, especially in one JVM could be useful for detecting new
> > > implementation flaws.
> >

> > It is me who runs these tests iteratively for the last week. The runs
> proved
> > that ThreadTest fails sporadically on waiting in join() and sleep()
> methods
> > on Windows and in yield() on linux. I'll file aJIRA issue for the
> latter.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Elena
> >
> > --