harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][kernel test] the test for Thread.yield() is not quite correct
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:40:02 GMT
I ran kernel tests iteratively and saw intermittent failures of
ThreadTest.testYield() on linux.
Despite the test always passes on Windows, I think the test is not quite
correct: it expects that the two threads run alternately but actually any
other thread can run while some thread yields. This happens with high
probability during the test run in batch mode. I created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2343 describing the issue and
suggested the fix.

What is interesting: I attached a test to JIRA issue which is an exact test
case testYield() from the current ThreadTest. It never fails on drlvm (at
least I have not seen a failure)  but always fails on RI 1.5.0_08.

Does anyone have some thoughts about Thread.yield() to share? Is the fix
acceptable?

--
Thanks,
Elena