harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm]kernel test
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:44:17 GMT
On 11/28/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with ThreadTest has not been fixed yet. I'm running this test
> iteratively now to see the sporadic failures. Indeed, testJoinlongint()
> fails rather often. The spec for join() reads that it should wait at most
> millis milliseconds for this thread to die. But the thread which is
> joining in the test does not stop

The obvious typo: I meant "the thread which is joined".

 running. Can we allow join() to exit earlier in this case?

I modified the test so that to let join() wait  for10 ms less (which
is 0.5%of waiting time) and ran it again iteratively. It failed once
with 1972 ms
of waiting!

I looked through RI's bug database for relevant issues and found the
following:

The last comment of the latter says that the spec will be fixed in Java SE
6.0!

BTW, the test always passes on linux for me.

Thanks,
Elena

--
Thanks,