harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] exclude files for kernel tests
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:30:03 GMT
On 11/23/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 11/22/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >  On 11/21/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. < geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I just checked in a change to the drlvm test system that uses external
> > > exclude files, delineated by platform.  (I just realized that I need
> > > also separate by jit/opt/int as well, as we have that distinction on
> > > x86_64 linux.  I'll do that in a sec)
> > >
> > > The idea is that in make/excludes are files for each os/arch and soon
> > > jit.  It uses the same nomenclature as in classlib, and in fact the
> > > build now 'reaches over' and imports the properties.xml file from
> > > classlib build so we don't have more than open copy of that code
> > > around.
> > >
> > > Note that these tokens are different than what we'd using in DRLVM
> > > traditionally, but we need to converge and this is a first, harmless
> > > step.  I'll be slowly trying to switch DRLVM over to that token set
> > > for
> > > arch and OS.
> > >
> > > I've tested on linux x86 and now testing on x86_64.  if someone could
> > > simply give it a whirl on windows, I'd be mighty obliged
> >

> > I ran the tests on Windows 2003/XP. The tests passed on Windows 2003. On
> > Windows XP they hung on java.lang.ThreadTest in opt mode. I'll try to
> > locate the exact test case which causes the hang.
> >
> > I suspect that java.lang.Object test has been excluded because it
> > intermittently failed on testWaitlongint() with too early exit from wait(). http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2204
> >  describes the issue. I plan to do some more investigation on that and
> > compare to RI's behavior so that we could fix the test.
> >

> I ran ObjectTest iteratively on RI and saw that it failed occasionally in
> the same way as on DRLVM: it waited 499 ms instead of 500. I think we can
> allow the test more to be more tolerant in waiting. I'll adjust the test and
> see how it behaves.

I finished my investigation on ObjectTest. Actually there are two test cases
in it which fail on both RI and DRLVM. I fixed the test so that it passes on
both VM's now. I ran it iteratively on linux / Windows for a long time and
have not seen a failure.

I think it could be included back to test runs. Please see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2294 for the suggested fix.

  geir

--
Thanks,