harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [test] Tracking smoke, kernel and c-unit tests by platform
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:16:38 GMT

> link

> >> windows

> >> hangs
> >>
> >> Boy oh boy.
> >>
> >> 1) I don't understand your numbers.   How can you have 2x as many
> >> excluded?
> >

> > exclude.drlvm_kernel.windows.x86.* contain two more tests excluded
> > comparing
> > to  exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*:
> > java/lang/SystemExtensionTest.java
> > java/lang/ObjectTest.java
> >
> > They are 37 test cases. I meant that 44 is for the tests in
> > exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*.
> > And then 37 + 44 = 81.
>
> Ah - I'm just counting classes, not individual tests.
>

> > 2) Yes, I saw the hang yesterday (only in int, btw), but hadn't figured
> >> out which test it was.
> >

> > I see it only for opt on Windows XP in "once" mode.
>
> Odd.  Scary.  And Odd - I was able to get winXP, debug build to run
> through all opt and jet in once mode, and then hang in int. (I think.
> I'll recheck)
>

> > So do we exclude ThreadTest?  I think so - I also suspect it's time to
> >> call "full stop" and run these thread problems into the ground.  As
> >> amusing as the discussion around HARMONY-1951 is, I couldn't sleep
> >> worrying about it :)
> >

> > Excluding ThreadTest helped tests pass. Let's exclude the test for a
> while
> > until the problem is identified and fixed.
> > I'll file a JURA issue.
> > Actually this test helped to catch a lot of bugs in the past so we
> cannot
> > afford to exclude it for a long time :)
> > Besides, this test is known to fail intermittently on join() and
> yield().
> > I'll do iterative runs for it to gather statistics meanwhile.
>
> Right - my point is that excluding our thread tests is a big red flag.
> I know that you and others have been working very hard to get this fixed.

I managed to run kernel tests iteratively for 40 times on linux in jet, opt,
int (debug build, "once" mode) and have not seen a failure! ThreadTest was
included. Tried the same on Windows 2003 and saw 1 failure of ThreadTest in
jet mode. It failed on interrupting a waiting thread.
So it is worth to exclude ThreadTest on Windows. Should we do this on linux?
I'll continue my experiments tomorrow.

Thanks,
Elena

geir