harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [test] Tracking smoke, kernel and c-unit tests by platform
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:21:34 GMT

> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> >>
> >> As an interim step to track where we are as the build-test and
> >> harmonytest.org keep evolving, I've created a wiki page :
> >>
> >>   http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVMTestTracking
> >>
> >> that's reachable from the front page to keep a log.  I know we have
> >> classlib unit tests tracked somewhere else, so we should at least link
> >> the two pages.
> >>
> >> I have linux x86 and linux x86_64 logged for today, and will do windows
> >> unless someone beats me to it :)
> >

> > I updated the page with Windows data for kernel tests. Windows XP opt
> hangs
> > on ThreadTest in "once" mode while passes in "perTest".
>
> Boy oh boy.
>
> 1) I don't understand your numbers.   How can you have 2x as many
> excluded?

exclude.drlvm_kernel.windows.x86.* contain two more tests excluded comparing
to  exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*:
java/lang/SystemExtensionTest.java
java/lang/ObjectTest.java

They are 37 test cases. I meant that 44 is for the tests in
exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*.
And then 37 + 44 = 81.

2) Yes, I saw the hang yesterday (only in int, btw), but hadn't figured
> out which test it was.

I see it only for opt on Windows XP in "once" mode.

So do we exclude ThreadTest?  I think so - I also suspect it's time to
> call "full stop" and run these thread problems into the ground.  As
> amusing as the discussion around HARMONY-1951 is, I couldn't sleep
> worrying about it :)

Excluding ThreadTest helped tests pass. Let's exclude the test for a while
until the problem is identified and fixed.
I'll file a JURA issue.
Actually this test helped to catch a lot of bugs in the past so we cannot
afford to exclude it for a long time :)
Besides, this test is known to fail intermittently on join() and yield().
I'll do iterative runs for it to gather statistics meanwhile.

geir

--
Thanks,
Elena