harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] exclude files for kernel tests
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:12:12 GMT

> I just checked in a change to the drlvm test system that uses external
> exclude files, delineated by platform.  (I just realized that I need to
> also separate by jit/opt/int as well, as we have that distinction on
> x86_64 linux.  I'll do that in a sec)
>
> The idea is that in make/excludes are files for each os/arch and soon
> jit.  It uses the same nomenclature as in classlib, and in fact the
> build now 'reaches over' and imports the properties.xml file from
> classlib build so we don't have more than open copy of that code around.
>
> Note that these tokens are different than what we'd using in DRLVM
> traditionally, but we need to converge and this is a first, harmless
> step.  I'll be slowly trying to switch DRLVM over to that token set for
> arch and OS.
>
> I've tested on linux x86 and now testing on x86_64.  if someone could
> simply give it a whirl on windows, I'd be mighty obliged

I ran the tests on Windows 2003/XP. The tests passed on Windows 2003. On
Windows XP they hung on java.lang.ThreadTest in opt mode. I'll try to locate
the exact test case which causes the hang.

I suspect that java.lang.Object test has been excluded because it
intermittently failed on testWaitlongint() with too early exit from wait().
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2204 describes the issue. I
plan to do some more investigation on that and compare to RI's behavior so
that we could fix the test.

geir

--
Thanks,