harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] New regression? org.apache.harmony.auth.tests.javax.security.auth.kerberos.serialization.KrbDelegationPermissionCollectionTest
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:56:30 GMT
On 11/18/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> Thank you for your attention! I have posted more long run statistics
> at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM#reliability
> I have three of questions regarding this statistics.
>
> All,
> Does it make sense to file JIRA issues about intermittent bugs which
> happen from time to time?

I think it does. We have such issues already filed and fixed, e.g.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1669,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1974,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2193.
A reporter has to submitt as mush information as possible about environment
and other conditions. As a rule such bugs are reproducible and could be
investigated and fixed.

Stepan,
What prevents us from fixing a following JIRA issue which is assigned
to you: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1751 classlib
test
org.apache.harmony.prefs.tests.java.util.prefs.PreferencesTest.testSystemNodeForPackage
()
fails? I agree that the test fails due to configuration issue. Taking
into account that this configuration is default for Windows 2003
server, does it make sense to get test passed in this environment?

All
There was a nice discussion about
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1977 [classlib][nio] Unit
test org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest
fails on Windows 2003 server. Is anyone fixing this issue?

Thanks!

--
Thanks,
Elena