harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][test]Exclude some tests from "build test" target, make 'build test' pass
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:45:21 GMT
As Gregory mentioned ThreadTest.testJoinlongint() failure he observed
yesterday, I filed a http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2204 issue
for that. I saw this failure quite long ago but cannot reproduce it today
trying different platforms/EMs. When the test failed, it reported that
actual wait time is less than required.

The spec for join() reads: "Waits at most millis milliseconds plus
nanosnanoseconds for this thread to die. " There is an obvious
misprint here:
there should be "at least" but not "at most" and this was mentioned in

On the other hand, in classlib ThreadTest I saw that they agree with
Thread.sleep(1000)  duration >= 800 and join(100, 999999) duration <= 300.

Can the current DRLVM guarantee that it does not exit join() earlier than
expected?
If not, we should make the test more tolerable to timing.

--
Thanks,
Elena