harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [general][tests]To restrict the side-effect of junit tests by launching it in a different VM.
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:03:24 GMT
Hi, all:
     During fixing the bug of Harmony-2249, I found that the testcase in one
junit test file might lead to other fail in a different junit file. After
digging into it, I am aware that testcase can influence the global state of
a VM, for example, the resolution of class (both RI and Harmony have similar
behavior). Although I changed the testcase as a workaround,  it is not
tested so thoroughly as I expected in order not to lead other tests to fail.

    So I recommend if we can specify some testcase that should run in junit
with fork = "true". Maybe to add some annotation is one resolution or to add
them to a property file as we done with excluded ones.
    Any suggestion?

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM