harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]Harmony classlib with J9 VM passes all the tests provided by JUnit4.1
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 06:29:55 GMT
Hi, all
     I have just tested JUnit4.1 on Harmony.
     With J9 VM, harmony passes both on windows xp2 and redhat enterprise
4.0. While drlvm fails on linux, which fails to create new thread becauseof
out-of-memory-error. Since it can always be reproduced, I think actually
system doesnot lack memory at the time. So I reported it as an
application-oriented bugs as JIRA [1].
     Besides I have got the time used in these tests which shows there is
space for us to improve our performance.

VM

Windows xp2

      Redhat Enterprise4

RI

0.985+0.921

      0.75+0.717

J9

4.25+2.61

      2.888+2.897

drlvm

8.437+5.359

            /

*The former data represents the time to run junit.tests.AllTests The latter,
junit.samples.AllTests.
    For detailed information, including how to run tests, I have posted it
on Harmony wiki[2].

[1]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2060
[2]http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/JUnit
--