harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r479802 - /harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/util/win/ia32/nt_exception_filter.cpp
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:59:59 GMT
Let's leave the -D or -X dilemma for a while. Nina Rinskya and me
found more serious problem. The problem is that debug windows popups
even if -Dvm.assert_dialog=false is specified. It happens because each
dll has its own copy of the variable which controls the behaviour of
an assert macro. In other words when you change the report mode by
calling _CrtSetReportMode it affect the current dll only. So if
assertion fails in any other dll we will see debug window.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Thanks
Evgueni