harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] disasm.c - reference and use of bfd must be removed
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:07:28 GMT

I believe the easiest way to fix above is to propagate windows
implementation to linux. Just take windows implementation and make
#ifdef statements consistent. Sure, that change will remove ability to
print intruction mnemonics.....but we can fix that later. It doesn't
seem to be critical right now.

> It was noted that  vm/port/src/disasm/linux/disasm.c uses the bfd and
> opcodes library, which are under the GPL and therefore don't allow us
> the freedom to use it.
> If someone could please remove it directly (if a committer) or via
> patch ASAP, that would be mightily appreciated (I'd do it right now, but
> need to prepare for a meeting).
> I'll get back to this in a few hours, and will do myself if need be.
> Thanks
> geir

View raw message