harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] Regression Testing Infrastructure proposal
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:55:51 GMT
Geir,

I'm responding to your comment on HARMONY-2283 report in this thread.

On 11/26/06, Geir Magnusson Jr (JIRA) <jira@apache.org> wrote:
>    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2283?page=comments#action_12453441
]

> Geir Magnusson Jr commented on HARMONY-2283:
>
> I'm playing with it.  Things I want to do :
>
> 1) make it so that the jasmin jar is optional, or make it so that it's fetched automatically,
dependably

Now it is implemented using common fetching mechanism: jasmin.jar is
downloaded with other dependencies during executing of "update"
target. So before running of "reg.test" target "ant update" target
should be launched.

> 2) when running, h000 fails :
>
> run-test:
>    [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.drlvm.tests.regression.h0000.DirectByteBufferTest
>    [junit] HMYEXEL062E Internal VM error: Failed to create Java VM
>    [junit] FAILED to invoke JVM.
>

> Haven't looked into it yet.

This failure is expected - DRLVM can not find native library by path
specified by java.library.path system property (while RI can).

Another problem with this test is using of JUnit test format for DRLVM
testing. Now the test fails during JVM invocation but it is not marked
as failed because JVM return 0 result code (as and for successful
JUnit test execution). What can be proposed for such a test is a new
test format returning some predefined status code in case of
successful execution and another predefined value in case of expected
failure. The resulting code different from predefined can be
considered as unexpected failure.

Thank you,
Alexander