harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r478636 - in /harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/awt/src/main/java/common/java/awt: Canvas.java Component.java Font.java MenuComponent.java Toolkit.java Window.java geom/Area.java
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:03:43 GMT
2006/11/24, Ivanov, Alexey A <alexey.a.ivanov@intel.com>:
> [...]
I do not use Eclipse, Idea or other IDE. And this code is used in
small number of special cases. Where you should not think about "code
clearance" but should think about code implementation :)

> >> (2) actually throw it rather than a generic RuntimeException?
> +1 for throwing NIE.
> >What for? User will see that the method is not implemented anyway :)
> >japitools does not look inside.
> >It does not matter anyway.
> But why not throwing NIE?
That's not an argument :)

> It's easier: you don't need to type in the  message and adding
> non-localizable comment.
In case of marking unimplemented methods which are ALREADY in the code
base you do not need to type any comment :) If you are adding a new
unimplemented method then it is logical to use NotImplementedException
from the begining.

> And again it's clearer: you'll see instance of NIE in stack trace.
Or "not implemented" message in the same stacktrace.

Does not really matter...

SY, Alexey