harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] General stability
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:52:50 GMT
2006/11/8, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com>:
> If our classlib is not 100% compatible we can't stop addition of new
> features.
> The same is with VM.
Nobody trying to freeze new features forever. At least I don't :)

> If we want to have "unnamed" milestones, the solution could be: every last
> month of a quoter is a "stability" period. No new features are accepted during
> this period. This could work for a long period of time without need
> in additional discussions.
But we need to define what is stability in this case. Unit tests? It's
a precommit criteria and should not fail always.
Big applications? Which applications? Which scenarios?
If we adds some new features then application list should increase.
This needs discussions and so no....

SY, Alexey