harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon] Cocoon 2.1.9 works on Harmony
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:01:51 GMT
2006/11/8, Anton Rusanov <anton.d.rusanov@gmail.com>:
> Cocoon 2.1.9 now works on Harmony (IBM VME + Classlib)!
> It starts and works normally.
Great news!
Have you tried it with DRLVM?

> The only issues are:
>  * It cannot be built from source code using Harmony because the build
> tries to do this with com.sun.tools.javac.Main.
>  An attempt to make a wrapper with such name for Harmony javac didn't
> succeed: (%COCOON%\tools\targets\compile-build.xml:54: Error starting
> modern compiler).
You can change compile-build.xml (can you?) to specify Eclipse
compiler. You can check Harmony's build files to see how to do that.

>  * While checking up the "Hello, World!" sample it was discovered that
> Cocoon failed to display the JPEG representation of that text because
> of this error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec.
We have jpeg encoder. But it has another name :)
Probably we need to check is it possible to change Cocoon code to be
compatible with RI and Harmony at the same time and suggest the
patch...
Can you do this? :)

SY, Alexey